Saturday, November 6, 2010

Resolving Resolutions

Let's take a look at those Resolutions and see how they are coming along:

1. Take a Self-Defense class.
DONE! Yes! The class I took was great. We learned a lot of different things and I would like to take it again in the near future.

2. Join the PTO at my daughter's school and get more involved in the school system/town.
This school year I have been unable to attend any PTO meetings because I have a part time job on Tuesday nights (when the PTO meetings are). More on the job further down.

3. Lose a little bit of weight.
Not so much. Really would like to do this, but I haven't put any effort into it.

4. Commit random acts of kindness. I want to randomly send cute crocheted items to friends and surprise them. Putting a smile on someone's face makes me smile.
Not too many lately. :(

5. I want to make more couple friends.
We've been hanging out with my cousin and his wife more regularly now. It's very nice to have another couple to go out with.

6. Lastly, I want to keep up with this blog.
Perhaps not so much. We'll see how long before I post again!

NEW THINGS

I've been wanting to go back to work teaching Biology, but can't go back full-time to teaching high school. I just can't bring myself to put my kids in daycare. So I got a part-time teaching job at a local community college. I teach one class of General Biology and it is 2 nights a week. I LOVE IT! It's so nice to get out of the house and do what I love. Plus I can still be home with my kids during the day. It's fantastic.
The down side is that I haven't had any time for crafting. :( All my free time is spent putting together lesson plans for my class. If I get a class next semester then I will just be tweaking my lesson plans, so my crafting will pick up again. I am trying to finish a blanket for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. They are expecting their first baby in December. And of course I choose to make a blanket that has no pattern. So I will be working on it while on vacation in Florida in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can get it done before the baby comes (or at least before she turns 1!).

No comments:

Post a Comment